WILKES-BARRE, PA: The Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Commerce has announced the Healthy Workplace Award recipient for their 2017 Annual Dinner, presented by Mohegan Sun Pocono. The event will take place at 5:30 p.m. on November 14th at Mohegan Sun Pocono. The Healthy Workplace Award, sponsored by Geisinger Health Plan and Geisinger Health System, will be presented to InterMetro Industries on the night of the dinner.
Through their Metro Total Wellness Program and committee, InterMetro Industries offers a variety of company wellness programs throughout the year to employees, including free screenings, blood drives, free popcorn, fruit days, and lunch and learns. Employees are also encouraged complete a Health Risk Assessment, for which they can receive reimbursement for healthy activities.
InterMetro’s team believes that anytime an employee’s life can be improved, it is a positive outcome. Over the years, several employees have been helped to make positive life changes, like quitting smoking or making overall healthier choices. Going forward, InterMetro will continue to use the wellness committee to shape and promote the program, developing to include more population health management initiatives.
In addition to the Healthy Workplace Award, the Chamber’s Annual Dinner will honor the following awardees:
- Metz Culinary Management as the Large Business of the Year, sponsored by Community Bank
- MCR Productions as the Emerging Business of the Year, sponsored by PNC Bank
- Candy’s Place, a Cancer Wellness Center as the Charitable Organization of the Year, sponsored by Sordoni Construction
- Greg Collins as the Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, sponsored by the Tambur Family Foundation
- Wilkes University, Penn State Wilkes-Barre, and Marriott Fairfield Inn and Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton as Pride of Place Award Recipients, sponsored by Geisinger Health Plan and Geisinger Health System
For more information or to purchase tickets visit www.wilkes-barre.org/events or contact Lindsay Bezick at 570-408-1724.