JOIN US FOR THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS EVENT OF THE YEAR!
On Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020, at The Garden Drive In, we are hosting the 5th Annual Young Professionals Awards, recognizing amazing Young Professionals helping to move our region forward. Come and see the exciting live announcements of this year's winner and honor these amazing young leaders in our area! This event is presented by Coal Creative and in partnership with Times Leader Media Group!
The 2020 Young Professionals Awards will follow all local, state and federal health and safety guidelines for outdoor events. Here are some of the ways that we are keeping you safe that night:
1. Registration check-in will be drive-up to maintain social distancing.
2. We will have drive-up food pickup with specially sealed single-served food containers for each guest.
3. You will receive special Young Professionals branded masks when you check in.
4. Masks are to be worn whenever an attendee is outside of their own vehicle.
5. We will have a low-contact/single serve refreshment station, with canned and bottled drinks to go.
6. Additional portable restroom stations will be setup throughout the venue and brought in the day of the event.
7. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout all stations.
8. Everyone will remain socially distant by watching the live program projected on the main screen from their individual vehicles.
Registration is now open for this event, with a ticket price of $40.00 per person. Tickets will be on sale until September 18th. Refreshments provided by Culinary Creations by Metz and SBC beer will be available, and we will have live music from the Husty Bros.!
Come and see the exciting live announcement of this year's winner and honor these amazing young leaders in our area! Attendees are invited to stay afterwards for a showing of the locally-produced, award winning short film, Blackhole, which is based on four storylines set in the hours before a black hole swallows earth, play out with varying congruence.
Congratulations to our 2020 Top 3 Finalists for the following categories:
Educator Of The Year:
Genelle Sedon | C & G Tutoring and the Wilkes-Barre Area School District
Jennifer Kadjeski | Magic World Child Care Center
Jonathan Kadjeski | Equus Workforce Solutions at the PA CareerLink Luzerne County at Wilkes-Barre
Entrepreneur Of The Year:
Ashlee Martinelli | Every Little Thing, LLC and The Grand Bank
Beth Guarnieri-Powers & Jahmeel Powers | Powers Performance
Connor Scalleat | Scalleat Hospitality Group
Cultural Ambassador Of The Year:
A.J. Jump | Karl Hall LLC
Dan Pittman | Act Out Theatre Group LLC
Samuel O'Connell | Coal Creative
Intern Of The Year:
Desiree Scott | PCC Aerostructures
Erika Jenkins | ENX2 Marketing
Levi Sunday-Lefkowitz | Eastern PA Coalition for Abandoned Mine Reclamation
Influencer Of The Year:
Christine Mackin Meluskey | Wyoming Valley Children's Association
Justin. M Correll | NEPA Pride Project, Solomon Elementary, and Mayor of Laurel Run Borough
MikeMcGinley | Times Leader Media Group
Small Business Owner Of The Year:
Chris Hacken | Loop Internet
Kyle Reed | NEPA MMA
Tyler Rice | AxelRad Screen Printing
STEAM Professional Of The Year:
Danny Lykens & Mike Grobinski | Krypton Design
Elizabeth Masi | Shoener Environmental
Lake Ryan Gemzik | Building Blocks Learning Center
Voluntary Leader Of The Year:
Alexandra Kijek | Friends of Camp Louise
Amy Feldman | Northeast Sight Services
Harlan Tabron Jr. | Mt. Zion Baptist Church
Young Professional Development Award Winner:
For more information on sponsorship for this great event, call Ahmad at 570-408-1715!
Community Bank, N.A.