Automotive Mechanical Claims Adjuster
PROGUARD WARRANTY, INC Avoca, PA
Automotive consumer coverage provider offering a comprehensive menu of fully insured new and pre-owned vehicle service contracts is seeking a Claims Adjuster for our growing enterprise. With a focus on innovation and industry-leading customer service, ProGuard is looking for a candidate to join our claims department. The primary responsibility of this position is to smoothly resolve claims, seeking solutions to get vehicles repaired quickly and correctly. Our Claims Adjuster must possess great communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to remain calm in a stressful environment. Our ideal candidate will have automotive repair knowledge and the ability to quickly learn our policies and business practices in order to explain coverage to policyholders and repair shops. This position has management potential while providing valuable support to a critical area of our organization.
- Investigate, analyze and respond to claims called in by the policyholder or repair facility.
- Troubleshoot or question shop diagnosis if needed.
- Verify that policy covers repairs and educate customer on coverage if it does not.
- Compare shop’s pricing to ours and negotiate if needed.
- Authorize claims and ensure quick payment to shop.
- Correctly record relevant data and notes in system on each claim.
- Acquire solid understanding of policies and quickly explain applicable benefits.
- Provide on-going communications about claim status to customers.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with dealer clients.
- Automotive repair experience not required but helpful.
- ASC Certification a plus.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Business writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office) a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Provides exceptional customer service to every customer.
- Utilizes automotive service experience to understand issues and effectively resolve claims.
- Employs problem-solving skills to seek outside-the-box solutions when necessary.
- Ensures accurate repair estimates, detailed paper trail and prompt cycle time.
- Conveys company values and goals at all times to create satisfied customers.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan