Luzerne County Head Start, Inc. • 23 Beekman Street • Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
|Position: IT Manager
|Service Area: Administration
|Reports To: Executive Director
|Classification: Administrative V
||Status: Full Time, 12 Months, Not Eligible for Overtime Pay
: The IT Manager is responsible for the planning, implementation, and management of the organization technology systems. Responsible for the operations and function of all computer hardware, software, and networking systems in Head Start. Overall responsibility for computer information systems and related activities of the agency accountable for ensuring continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
Essential Job Functions: These functions are performed on a regular basis unless otherwise specified. Employees must be able to perform each of the below functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Five years’ management experience in helpdesk or network management/system administration role.
- Supervisory Experience
: The actual physical activities of the position are too numerous to list, but would generally include, and not be limited to, the following:
- The ability to lift at a minimum of 30 lbs, occasionally, during employment.
- Must be able to travel between the Central Office and Head Start Centers/offices, as well as other locations where Head Start services are provided, including, but not limited to, outside training locations.
- The ability to use technology and office equipment such as, but not limited to: computer system, telephone, voice mail, email, FAX machine, office copier.
- This position requires digital and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to print legibly.
Must possess basic knowledge of spelling, grammar, mathematical and communication skills; cognitive abilities including, but not limited to: written comprehension, problem sensitivity, oral comprehension, speech clarity, and speech recognition.
Essential Job Functions Related to Working Conditions:
- Ability to use own vehicle for work-related activities when agency vehicles are not available.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments including, but not limited to, offices, kitchens, playgrounds, classrooms, buses, community rooms and home environments of families, all of which may be air-conditioned or heated.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a regular basis to, but not limited to, local, state and national destinations. Travel methods may include personal or agency vehicle, airplane or train.
, have reviewed the foregoing job description and have been given the opportunity to ask questions about the terms of the position. I understand that
successful performance of the responsibilities outlined herein. I further understand that my employment with LCHS is
agree to follow and comply with this job description and all LCHS policies and procedures. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this job description.