Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. We offer exciting employment opportunities with significant upward potential for the motivated individual in a leading multinational company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents. Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
Supervisor, Die Shop – Mountain Top, PA
The Die Shop Supervisor will report directly to the Extrusion Manager.
The Supervisor will be a strong leader who is accountable for a safe operation that meets the industry quality expectations while achieving key process indicators for the Die Shop Department.
The appropriate candidate is: • Results oriented and flexible
• An accountable team player that collaborates well with the Extrusion and Maintenance Departments
• Self-driven and analytical problem solver that can make tough calls
• Strongly motivated to succeed with a clear understanding of a service driven organization
Job Responsibilities: • Maintain and optimize a systems of precision tooling service and delivery to the production department
• Eliminate handling waste and redundancy through lean manufacturing methodology
• Optimize employee schedules and maintain manpower goals while keeping overtime controlled and minimized
• Responsible for the timely planning, scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned or as appropriately concluded with an internal requisitioner
• Ensure team members are safe and practicing / complying with Hydro’s and OSHA’s safety standards
• Lead and coach team members in meeting Hydro’s operational Excellence Die Shop practices
• 5 years plus of precision tooling experience and leading people
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Functional/Technical Knowledge
• OSHA and/or CAL-OSHA general manufacturing requirements ISO/ Quality System experience AS-400 or similar production control system experience Lean manufacturing principles and exposure to six-sigma Ability to read and interpret product and tooling prints
• Ability to interact well in a team environment and relate work to be completed so it can be accomplished most effectively with all levels of employees
• Keen listening/communication abilities to lead improvement processes within various areas and levels of the organization.
Application: Send a resume including a cover letter describing your interest in this position and the skills you can bring to the job (in English) to the following email address: