Distribution Operations Internship Program-Pittston, PA 18640
Are you curious about a career in Distribution or Supply Chain? Are you energized by problem solving to increase productivity? Are you excited by leaving a desk behind to explore a career that allows you to lead teams? The Distribution Operations Internship Program will give you the skills and experience to jumpstart your career within our TJX Global Distribution Network.
The TJX Distribution Centers are the hubs of our worldwide logistics operation. Our DC Leadership Teams are comprised of entrepreneurial problem solvers who are responsible for millions of units in inventory, developing creative plans to optimize the flow of merchandise, and above all, engaging and inspiring their teams. Being a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, it is essential that our Distribution Centers are running efficiently and effectively to fuel our growing multi-billion dollar businesses.
As a Distribution Operations Intern at TJ Maxx Distribution Center in Pittston, PA you will play an active part in the daily operations of a multi-million dollar distribution center. For 12 weeks through the summer, you will join our Distribution Operations team and receive robust training and development through a mix of classroom learning, on-the-job training and ongoing mentorship from your leadership team. You will learn how retail operations and our distribution centers work together; and we’ll introduce you to the engineering standards that keep our business running efficiently.
Through this internship, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to lead and inspire a diverse team
- Actively participate in directing daily operations of a specific function within the Distribution Center
- Learn from and shadow TJX distribution leaders
- Gain exposure to the full lifecycle of our Off-Price business model
- Participate and contribute in process improvement initiatives
- Provide insights and consult with business stakeholders and leaders
You’ll also have the opportunity to work on a process improvement project and give a final presentation to Distribution executive team members upon the completion of your internship.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Success is always in style at the TJX Companies. Ideal candidates will be strong, curious leaders with a keen eye for process optimization and team leadership. At TJX, you will grow your leadership and operational talents to be a part of a collaborative team working towards executing, delivering and achieving business goals and objectives. We are looking for natural leaders who never stop looking for efficiencies, improvements and new ways to motivate a team.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Rising Juniors and Seniors currently enrolled in a 4 year degree program
- Logistics / Supply Chain / Operations majors preferred but not required
- Strong analytical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership experience, team collaboration and strong communication skills
- The confidence and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- An entrepreneurial drive and business acumen
- Ability to have direct, candid and productive conversations around performance
- Ability to relocate and work a flexible work schedule depending on business needs
High performing interns may be offered one of multiple opportunities upon successful completion of their summer internship:
- Return for a second Distribution Operations summer internship
- Join us in a full-time role through the Distribution Operations Leadership Pathway upon graduation
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
About TJX Companies
The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. 87 in the 2017 Fortune 500 listings, with over $33 billion in revenues in 2016,* more than 3,800 stores in 9 countries, 3 e-commerce sites, and approximately 235,000 Associates. We operate T.J. Maxx and Marshalls (combined, Marmaxx), HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com, in the United States; Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls (combined, TJX Canada) in Canada; and T.K. Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria, the Netherlands, and Australia, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K. (combined, TJX International).
Our mission is to deliver great value to our customers. In our nearly 40-year history, we have delivered steady sales and earnings growth and some of the highest returns on investment we have seen in retail. Our flexible off-price business model is world class, enabling us to succeed through various economic and retail environments.